Opening a Naíonra
Are you interested in setting up a naíonra? Gaelscoileanna Teo. provides advice and support to those who wish to set up a new naíonra, including both private and community naíonraí. Contact us on 01 8535195 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Financial support towards the costs involved in setting up a new naíonra is available under the following conditions:
Seirbhís Naíolanna (Irish-medium childcare) in Dublin
Register your interest here: An Nead
Grants for Naíonraí Founding Committees–Gaelscoileanna Teo. Policy 2015
Gaelscoileanna Teo. provides support to committees who wish to expand the provision of Irish-medium education at preschool level. This grant is available to cover the work of the committee only. New naíonraí who have confirmation that they will open can apply for financial help under the Grant Scheme for New Naíonraí (below).
This grant for founding committees covers miscellaneous expenses to the value of €1000. All expenditure must be agreed beforehand with one of the Gaelscoileanna Teo. development officers by filling out the form below. Approved expenses will be paid directly to the supplier or will be refunded to the founding committee on a receipt basis. The following are examples of expenditure that could be included:
- Design and printing costs for publicity materials
- Meeting room rental
- Other costs incurred that are essential to the campaign and have been approved by the Gaelscoileanna Teo. development officer dealing with the committee.
To apply for this grant, contact us on 01 8535195 nó email@example.com.
Grants for New Naíonraí–Gaelscoileanna Teo. Policy 2015
The grant for new naíonraí covers:
- Equipment voucher to the value of €400
- Books package to the value of €200
- Miscellaneous expenses* to the maximum value of €600
Total value of the grant: €1,200
*All expenditure in this category must be given prior approval from one of the Gaelscoileanna Teo. development officers by filling out the form below. Approved expenses will be paid directly to the supplier or will be refunded to the founding committee on a receipt basis.
Naíonraí who apply for funding under this scheme must fulfil the following criteria:
- The naíonra should be registered with TUSLA, the HSE and the relevant childcare committee.
- Irish will be the language of communication and business of the naíonra, and between leaders.
- The early immersion method is fully practiced within the Naíonra, that is, that only Irish is used with the children.
- The naíonra will only use Irish-language resources in the naíonra (books, leaflets, posters, games, etc.)
- All correspondence with parents will be done bilingually.
- The management of the service will attend a consultation session with a Gaelscoileanna Teo. development officer regarding early immersion practice before the service opens.
- The naíonra contact details are provided for the www.gaelscoileanna.ie directory.
- The leader of the Naíonra will take part in the Gaelscoileanna Teo. network for naíonra leaders.
- The naíonra will complete a statistics form for Gaelscoileanna Teo.
- Best practice, as recognised in the support handbook, is adhered to.
To apply for this grant, please contact us on 01 8535195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.