Language Support Scheme 2016
Gaelscoileanna Teo. is running this scheme to support naíonra staff and non-teaching school staff members who wish to improve their Irish or to undertake the TEG examination. The scheme allows staff members to undertake training in Irish at any level and run by any provider. Under the scheme you can apply for support to take the TEG exam, attend night classes, online courses, specialist courses, intensive grammar courses, Irish courses in the Gaeltacht, etc., organised by providers such as:
- Conradh na Gaeilge
- Gael Linn
- Glór na nGael
- Third-level institutes
- Local Education Centres
- Oideas Gael
- Local schools
- Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge (exam only)
This list is intended only as a guide, you may apply for support to attend courses run by other providers. You could also arrange to have a trainer deliver a course tailored to the needs of your naíonra/school or in association with other naíonraí/schools in the area. Applications from more than one stiúrthóir in the naíonra or one member of school staff are welcome. If you have already registered for a course but have not yet attended, you can apply for a refund of fees already paid. You can also make an application based on a course you have not yet registered for but plan to undertake at a later date; simply provide the course details as part of your application. You cannot apply for a refund of fees for a course you have already undertaken.
Now’s your chance! We have a limited budget for the scheme and applications will be approved on a first-come-first-served basis. The closing date for applications is 30th September 2016. To make an application, all you need to do is complete the simple online form below.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme, contact Sandra on 01 8535194 or email@example.com.
- Applications must be submitted in writing before any expenditure will be approved.
- The closing date for applications is September 30th 2016.
- The maximum available per staff member is €200.
- Only one application per year will be permitted for any naíonra or school.
- Fees will be paid on the provision of a receipt or by invoice from the training provider only. A receipt or invoice and payee details will be requested once the application has been approved and you do not need to submit them in advance.
- You cannot apply for a refund of fees for a course you have already undertaken.
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received by the office and according to the scheme’s limited budget.
- Applications that cannot be approved due to excess demand will be put on a waiting list.
- Gaelscoileanna Teo. reserves the right to revoke funds in the event of misuse.
- This scheme is open to naíonraí in the 26 counties and outside of Gaeltacht areas and to Irish-medium schools in the 32 counties only.